BENEFITS OF REMOTE WORK
Remote work advantages for employees:• Improved work-life balance. Due to zero commute time and work start set for 3 PM local time, employees can devote more time to their families in the first part of the day.
• Improved professional development and healthy lifestyle. Employees who do not have family obligations can invest the time they save on daily commutes into their professional development and health. 50% coverage of employees’ gym fee is one of the benefits offered by V&A.
• Minimal stress level. Remote workers on average experience much less tension and stress at work and enjoy the comforts of their own home and work station.
• Fewer distractions. The freedom in setting up your own work station eliminates any possible discomforts and cubicle distractions. Remote employees on average note that their ability to concentrate on tasks is much higher in their home offices.
• Improved skills in using technology. Remote employees learn to use a plethora of new technologies that facilitate team collaboration. Due to the absence of inter-personal factors, communicating about the tasks happens more quickly and efficiently.
• Flexibility in attending to personal errands. Ukrainian V&A Employees start work at 3PM local time which gives them an opportunity to run personal errands or attend to unexpected incidents any day of the week without worrying about absence from work.
Remote work advantages for employers:• Expansion of talent pool. Companies enjoy access to human resources beyond the narrow mile radius and can thus fill in their positions and needs more effectively.
• Various time zones and 24/7 operations. More employees working in different time zones can help the company cover more hours in a day and deliver better service to its clients.
• Minimal absenteeism and tardiness. With virtual offices, company managers do not have to worry about those. 99.9% of remote workers start their work on time.
• Reduced office expenses. Companies can cut costs on office space rent, electricity, equipment, printing, kitchen/canteen facilities and invest instead into expansion of their business to provide for more stability and higher revenue.
• Increased employee productivity. Numerous studies show that remote employees testify to higher productivity, improved ability to concentrate on work tasks and high job satisfaction in general.
• Employee motivation. Job candidates often see employers who offer remote work and/or flexible work hours as particularly desirable. In return, such companies get better staff retention and loyalty, hence reducing the onboarding costs.
• Reduced environmental impact. Remote offices have a dramatic impact on environment by cutting down gas emissions, energy expenditures and paper and general waste volumes.